We were honored to be the first guests to be on for a second time, and we had an absolute blast talking about these films with our friends Nick of The Cinematic Katzenjammer, Joe from Two Dude Review, and Vern from Vern's Video Vangaurd. So thank you, gentlemen, for having us back as guests. Now, readers, if you'd like to listen to the podcast, read on as we'll break down the different segments of the show after the jump!
If you listened to the first time Sarah and I were on the As You Watch Podcast, it won't come as a surprise that this new episode clocks in around 1 hour and 45 minutes long, total. So just like the first time, we're going to break down the different segments and their time mark so you can skip ahead to those parts if you'd like to just hear some things, or you don't have time to listen to the whole shebang.
- Starting at the 2:30 mark, all five of us begin our discussion of our Top 3 Favorite Scenes from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. We go through this by picking one scene from each movie, beginning with Fellowship of the Rings.
- At the 14:00 minute mark, we start off on a little tangent about whether or not Sean Astin's Samwise Gamgee is the biggest hero of the trilogy, and Sarah and I talk about the time we got to meet him in person at Central Michigan University.
- At the 17:15 mark we cover our favorite scenes from The Two Towers, which includes a discussion on Andy Serkis' performance as Gollum and the motion-capture technology used to create the character.
- At the 29:55 mark we cover our favorite scenes from Return of the King.
- At the 45:45 mark we switch topics to being the Feature Film discussion on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This includes talking about who was looking forward to Guillermo del Toro directing and who prefers Jackson coming back, and discussion on Jackson's decision to film the movie in 48 frames per second.
- At the 1:05:40 mark we all give our final thoughts on The Hobbit, including our box office predictions and whether it'll get any Oscar love.
- Lastly, at the 1:19:35 mark we close out the show with a Hobbit/Lord of the Rings/Tolkien-centric Trivia Game. Did I defend my title? Did Sarah use her deep Middle Earth knowledge to sweep the floor? Or were we both upset by a regular?
Again, we had an absolute blast recording this with the guys and we hope that you all are able to take some time a listen to even just one segment of the show. So without further ado, follow the link below to listen to Episode XVI of the As You Watch Podcast guest starring Two Tickets For..! (Some NSFW language scattered throughout.)
Click Here to Listen to Two Tickets For... Guest Star on the As You Watch Podcast!
|See! We really did meet Sean Astin during the Fall|
Semester of 2009 at Central Michigan University.
Andrew took the photo, hence why he's not in it.